Saturday, May 28, 2011

Meeting new friends

Last week I had the pleasure of meeting one of my internet friends, Susanne of Susanne Loves.
She lives in the Midwest, but was out here on the East Coast visiting relatives so we set up a get together. We met when she made my awesome package for the Spice Up the Kitchen Swap. I was nervous about getting together. I've never met one of my internet friends in person. But we had a great time. Hit up the local fabric store and let our toddlers play together. Sadly it was a rainy dreary day so this was the only photo we got.

If you don't read her blog you should check it out. She takes beautiful photos, makes some great stuff, like this and this. And makes me laugh on a regular basis!




On a totally unrelated note (because I have to jump from thing to thing), I had a fun little surprise this morning. My daughter and I had planted these Elf Sunflower seeds months ago and have been taking care of them ever since. This morning I had a few blooms pop open!

I think I've mentioned it before, but the new house we are in has what I've been calling an arboretum all around it. It's crazy the amount of gardening! We bought it in December so of course I had no idea. Things have been popping up left and right. I have a black thumb so I have no idea what do with any of it

This was the one thing I knew was out there. I have several rose bushes! If anyone has tips for caring for them or any resources they can recommend, I would love to not kill these.

1 comment:

Jacey said...

It's cool you got to meet an internet friend, especially a swap partner! Your flowers look beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...