Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The next best thing...

Everyone has been posting all these exciting pictures from Quilt Market. I don't have any pictures of Quilt Market since I wasn't there, but now - thanks to the super wonderful Julie of Jaybird Quilts and Candi of Raccoon Creek Quilts - I have the next best thing...
I'm such a dork - when Candi gave this to me at last nights PMQG meeting, I think I squealed!  Tula had seen my embroidered hoop of the Cameo from her Parisville line and posted about it on Facebook. Julie was sweet enough to think of me when she saw her at Market and got this signature for me. I love it! I may have to make myself an embroidered frog now and hang this with it!

Okay, I have to talk about other things because there are way to many exclamation marks happening on this post.
So since this all happened at the PMQG meeting, I'll also show my Kona Charm Pack Challenge since we had our reveals last night. We had a one charm pack of Bright solids to work with and we could add only prints to it. I knew I wanted to use my Lil' Twister ruler because that had initially been my plan for the monochromatic challenge and I got away from it. Here is what I came up with.
I added in a couple of random prints where there were missing holes or colors that I felt didn't have enough contrast for this.

Then I remembered that I had a lot of HST's left from the Supernova quilt. I had forgotten to incorporate them into the back of that quilt. So I started playing with them and made them the back of this one.

This is a pretty small piece, about 18" by 28". I plan to make it a wall hanging when I figure out my dedicated quilting room. Here's a sense of the scale.
This was also my first attempt at free motion quilting. I figured it would be good practice because it is small. But I forgot that there was a lot of bulk from the HST seams. I wound up with a lot of jumps when I got caught on some seams and pulled and went flying! ah well, live and learn right?

12 comments:

Megan said...

Eeek! I just squealed a bit for you Becky! How stinking exciting! :) Love the half squares!

Linz said...

Okay - first, SUPER SQUEAL!! That's awesome!!!

Second - I love BOTH of those quilts!! That tiny one is so darling and tiny!!! I love it!!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Awesome! Love the autographed booklet!

And cool quilt...how did you make this? A little twister ruler? I really love it, it turned out amazing!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Yippee!! That is SO awesome!!!! I just saw some Prince Charming in stock over at Fresh Squeezed Fabrics and let out an actual squeal, and just let out another when I saw this post. My husband officially thinks I'm mental. I love your Kona challenge quilt, it's lovely!!!! :)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

silly girl!! Tula loved your work & was happy to sign for you!!
love you!

felicity said...

Fabulous quilt - and I LOVE what you did with the Supernova HSTs. That signature from Tula Pink is totally awesome!!

Lee said...

Okay, joining in the squealing now! Eeeee!

Your Supernova HSTs are looking mighty good there!

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

How cool is that, totally thrilled for you! Plus, I love that quilt, its very striking and the back is so cool too :-)

Jessica Kelly said...

Oh my how fun!! Love those teeny tiny HSTs, your quilting looks great!!

Jacey said...

Awesome! It's pretty sweet to have an autograph like that! The quilt is beautiful, and I especially love the back. You arranged the HSTs in the perfect way!

Unknown said...

That's freeking awesome!!!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I totally "get" the excitement of the Tula Pink signature. After all, I have an autographed selvage edge! Your quilts are amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...