Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Finally made one for me!

Hey guys, sorry I've been MIA.  I've been a little under the weather. I might be posting a  little sporadically the next couple weeks, but I'm here!

There hasn't been much sewing going on. But I did finally decided to make myself one of Elizabeth Hartman's Pincushion Organizers. I've been wanting one of these for a long time, so I finally just put it at the top of the list. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Although after I took this photo I realized my raindrop print on the cushion is upside down! I seriously wasn't paying attention.


One addition I will be making is to put that grippy stuff from Joann's on the bottom of the pincushion. I think it's meant for the bottoms of kids socks? My sewing/dining room table is very polished and slick and when I hang the bag on the organizer it slides off the table! So I'll be using it like this for a while.


And in other sewing news, I got the girl to wear her knit dress for Father's Day. Here she is modeling it with my shoes.

12 comments:

Melinda said...

I made one of those pincushions and I love it! I use it all the time. It's nice to bring it into the living room while I'm cutting hexies too so I have a place for my trash! cute little dress too! looks good with the shoes!

Katie B said...

This looks great, Becky! Love that fabric. And your model is super cute!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE your pin cushion...I need to make myself one!

and your dd is so cute! =) Lovely job on the dress. =)

Lindsay said...

What a cute organizer! I hope you feel better soon!

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

So prettyand practical too!!! Lovely :-) hope you're ok!

Linz said...

Love that organizer! SO awesome! and that dress!!!! THat looks perfect on her!! Hope you are feeling better!

Denise in PA said...

The organizer looks great! I was just about to order some of the Prince Charming in laminate to make a bag - love that line! The little one looks so cute (did she give you the shoes back?)

Sorry you were feeling under the weather!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Sorry to hear you've been unwell - hope you're feeling better now! I love that pincushion organizer you made, fantastic fabrics!!! I love, love, love that little knit dress, so cute!

Oh - and BTW, any chance you can do your 4x5 questionnaire today? We're down to less than 10 people to fill it out, and I think we might just be able to get an early start if the rest of the group finishes the questionnaire! :) Here's a link for you -https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFg2dFlOQ1pQSExxWXE5dG5ocG9KaFE6MQ

felicity said...

Fabulous job on the pincushion organizer, but so sorry to hear you've been under the weather.

If it's any consolation, my kiddo randomly refuses to try on stuff, too. Well, not so randomly - her resistance is directly proportional to my desire, even if I try to be all nonchalant, SHE KNOWS when it means something to me. :)

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable! I wish my girl was small enough to make stuff for...

Susanne said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon!!

The dress looks great on S!!!

Jessica Kelly said...

Ohhh I love that pincushion!! Your daughter is just adorable, great dress!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...