Friday, June 10, 2011

Sew Modern blocks for June

I was able to finish my blocks for the Sew Modern Bee for the month of June today. Miss Sarah,  Issabella the Cat, requested wonky quarter log cabin blocks from this tutorial by Quilt Dad.


These are really big since she requested 15.5 inch blocks! I've never done wonky before (at least on purpose) so this was fun to step out of my comfort zone. It was really addicting once I started.


The only thing I had a problem with was that I didn't have any strips bigger than about 2 inches so it was hard to do a lot of wonk. Also, it was hard for me to see all the waste created by cutting the wonk. But overall I really loved doing these.


She also requested a fabric flower of any type. I had bookmarked this tutorial a while ago and decided this was the perfect time to try it out! I also happened to have the perfect button in my stash. I hope this flower survives the trip back to the UK!


Here's the flower on the block for sense of scale.

Hope you like them Sarah!

5 comments:

Linz said...

CUTE!!! I want to try a wonky block too! They look like fun! :) CUTE flower!!

Judith, Belfast said...

These blocks are gorgeous & I'm a huge fan of log cabin. You might just have given me my block idea for my turn in the Brit Bee. Thanks! Jxo

Denise in PA said...

The blocks look great! I have a hard time with wonky - I don't like to do it. (I color inside the lines too o:)

Ricki said...

I've never made wonky blocks before, but they look like fun! Yours look great!

Andrea said...

how nice the block .. I love the flower

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...