Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Jane Market Tote - 1st batch

I didn't do a WIP Wednesday post today because other than the binding on the Aviary Birdbath quilt I've only been working on one thing around here.

I had been tossing around the idea of making handmade gifts for my daughters teachers. When I saw Lindsay's post with her Jane Market Tote I knew I wanted to make these. I love the linen she used so I ordered some Essex Linen in Natural and the rest of the bags are being made with stash.

My first Jane Market Tote was actually made as a thank you gift for Lee. She loves Neptune so I broke into the stash and made this one. I went with the 808 Peltex Lindsay recommended.


The 808 was a little stiffer than I wanted for the teacher gifts so I switched to a regular fusible web (maybe heavyweight?) and used 808 for the handles. The first one is for the language arts teacher.


The next two I haven't decided which teacher will receive them yet. The first is using Aviary 2 and Kona Gray.



And the this one uses a couple different fabrics with the Essex linen again.



She has 6 teachers so I still have 3 more bags to make. I'm getting to be quite the expert! After making these I would definitely recommend the pattern. It's well written and easy to follow and the resulting bag is a great size!


19 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

What a beautiful collection of bags, lucky teachers!

Kati said...

Love them all. I've been thinking of doing these as gifts for a few family members and possibly my daughter's preschool teacher. I just need to dive in and get them done.

Anonymous said...

They. Are. Amazing!

Katie B said...

These are THE BEST teacher gifts ever! Great fabric choices.

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Holy moly, those are awesome teacher gifts! I've seen my share of bad teacher gifts too, so I know! I'm loving the one with the letters in the little circles. I'm also fond of that yellow faux bois fabric on the lining of the third bag.

Susanne said...

I just LOVE the JMB!!!

I love all of the fabric combos you used!! What a great gift.

Pat said...

What great bags! Nice pattern and really lovely fabric combos.

Tamie said...

These are beautiful. Maybe I could teach your daughter something and get on your list.

Lindsay Conner said...

Oh, they look awesome, especially the language arts teacher's bag! That's cool to hear that your bags were inspired by my post :)

**nicke... said...

very cute bags! linen is my favorite!

Jessica Kelly said...

Great bags! Love the fabrics you used, I'm sure your daughters teachers will absolutely love them!

Lee said...

WOW! Look at all those market bags!! Not only are they great teacher gifts, they also make wonderful gifts for blog header designers. LOL. Thanks again for my BEAUTIFUL Neptune bag!!

Denise in PA said...

Becky - they're great! I love them all - what a terrific selection of fabrics. I know the teachers will love them!

Marci Girl said...

So awesome, I know they will love them!

Tricia said...

They look great! I'm still amazed that you have energy being pregnant and chasing after the little one!

That's a pattern I've wanted to try for awhile. I think I'll give it a try for some Christmas gifts.

Jacey said...

It's such a good pattern. Yours look awesome. I'm of course, favoring the Circa 1934 bag, myself. ;)

KD-Quilts said...

Very cute bags! What lucky teachers!!

Jenniffier said...

They all look so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I just did some of these too and posted a tutorial for adding an interior zipper pocket. Here's a link:

Adding a Zippered Pocket

I love the way all of yours turned out!

Best,
Ellen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...