Friday, December 9, 2011

Tote bags - batch 2!

The second batch of teacher totes have been finished for a while. I just had to wait a few days for some actual sunlight so I could take photos. We've been getting a lot of rain around here, it was getting depressing.

This is my favorite I think, despite the mistakes. The top print I cut in the wrong direction! I din't have enough to cut it again so I left it.


And the lining fabric I was about 2 inches short so I pieced in a strip from one of the other bags fabrics that went with it. I had a serious brain fart when I took this photo. I didn't even realize the strap was covering the strip, sorry.

Here's the other bag in the purple fabric.

The lining is a simple green.


And the final bag uses Aviary2 again.

I didn't photograph the lining because it's just a solid yellow.


Now I have to decide who gets which bag!  How is your holiday sewing going?

eta: These bags were made with the Jane Market Bag pattern. As I mentioned in this post, I definitely recommend this pattern!


12 comments:

Linz said...

Oh, those are cute!! I was just going to do mug rugs for teachers, but I think a tote might be more fun!!! Great work!!

Lindsay said...

These are adorable--much nicer than the gifts that I gave to my teachers when I was young. I'm glad you're making good progress on your holiday sewing!

Jessica Kelly said...

Those teachers are going to love you to pieces! Great bags Becky!

Susanne said...

LOVE Them ALL!!!!! I especially love that last one!!!

Jacey said...

They look great! The prints you used in the first two bags are some I enjoyed using this year. Love Sugar Pop!

Lindsay Conner said...

Love these! Sugar Pop is a personal fave of mine. :)

Denise in PA said...

Love, love, love the Aviary bag!! I know I've said this before, but the Birdbath quilt is absolutely a masterpiece! Did you wash it yet??

dlwharp@yahoo.com

**nicke... said...

i love those bags becky! how is your pregnancy going? feeling good?

felicity said...

Lovely, lovely bags! Also, the term "brain fart" made me laugh extra hard tonight.

Katy Cameron said...

Love all those bags, there may be a fight from teachers wanting your kids next year!

Inspiredbyfelix said...

Lol, I agree with Katy, the teachers will be fighting!

Unknown said...

Becky, those are so cute and I never would have known the direction on the fabric was wrong if you hadn't said something. I still think it looks great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...