Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The reader participation post

I could use some opinions again! Remember that Neptune Honeybun I posted the other day? I have all my blocks finished and need to decide on a background fabric. Nothing is jumping out at me so I'd love to know what you think. It's going to be a baby quilt so the Kona Ash might be in the front for me because of that.

White.



Grey.

Here they are side by side.


What do you think?




And while I am asking for participation. Maybe you can help with a personal crusade? I entered Evan in the Gerber baby contest and I'd really appreciate if you could vote for him! The link directly to him is here. Or you can search for him as entry ID #348145. Thanks so much!




8 comments:

Jan said...

I like the ash, best, but think you could go for a darker gray, like Medium Gray or Steel, and get a better result.

Chelsea said...

Out of the 2 you've demoed I'd go with white, but I really think something darker like a dark teal or a coral would be amazing.

Denise in PA said...

I did the poll - of the two, definitely Ash!! Of course I voted for Evan - he just couldn't be any cuter!

Heather A said...

While I prefer the ash over the white, I agree with Chelsea that auditioning something darker and even something with more colour could be amazing. Just a hunch.

Kenna said...

I made a quilt with the Neptune and used white....it really really popped the colors. I think the ash swallows them!

Katy Cameron said...

Voted (twice) good luck :o)

Anonymous said...

Have you tried dark blue or red ? I think it could make the blocks pop :)

Jenniffier said...

I like white it pops. By the way I am pretty sure I recognize the pattern, is it from simplify. If not there is a similar one in that book.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...