Thursday, January 31, 2013

More January blocks

I just realized I never blogged about the rest of my bee blocks. First up is the do.Good Stitches Bliss circle block. We were asked for american flag blocks with all prints that read as solid. Here are my two blocks:


And then I finished my 4x5 blocks pretty early. I don't know what's wrong with me, but when I have deadline sewing I have to get it out of the way or I can't enjoy my sewing time. I stress about the deadline stuff I have to get done. Is that just me?


Anyway, the block I picked is from Quiltmakers 100 blocks edition. It's called Chain Mail and was designed by Debby Maddy. Here are all the blocks I made (the one on the bottom left is for me):



And then today I was sewing other things and my needle started acting funny. It finally snapped and went flying (missed my eye by just a tiny bit!). I haven't gotten to see if it was a fluke or not, but I'm afraid I'm being punished for not taking it in for service. Bad Becky!


Oh and I apologize to everyone. I had to turn on comment verification, the spam was totally out of control and blogger wasn't catching it anymore. I hate doing those verifications myself so I feel your pain. Please don't let it stop you from commenting, I love to hear from you!


3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love those chain mail blocks! I had a close call with a flying broken needle once and decided to start wearing fake glasses as protection. I feel a lot more secure now! Plus my husband always knows when it's sewing time when I break out my hipster alter ego!

Denise in PA said...

That Chain Mail quilt is awesome - love it! Cute flag blocks. I know what you mean about deadline sewing hanging over your head!

Katy Cameron said...

Great job on the blocks. I've had a needle break once, but it was because I was trying to get it through an insane number of layers!

BTW, verification won't stop the spam it will stop commenters, just turn anonymous comments off...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...