Friday, January 4, 2013

New Things


I'm feeling myself come out of my 2012 funk and I'm starting to contemplate joining the Scrappy Trip Along. I'm sure you have see this around the internet.


I definitely have enough strips!



Problem is they are all different sizes and I really don't want to sort them. Maybe a project for the preschooler!? And I can't decide if I really want a Scrappy Trip Around the World quilt or if I'm just drinking the kool-aid. Maybe I should do a strip quilt or a postage stamp. Whatever I decide, the strips need to be made into a quilt this year! What about you, what is your favorite use for strips?



I have been very busy working on some things I can show you soon! It will get much more fun around here soon, I promise!


10 comments:

Jessica Kelly said...

I hear ya Becky! I couldn't resist, I'm making a scrappy trip along all for me, myself and I. Purely selfish sewing :-) The worst part is definitely the sorting and cutting! You could maybe do some paper pieced string blocks, that way you wouldn't have to be so precise with the cutting and sorting...

Melissa said...

I've been wanting to use my scraps for a scrappy granny square quilt!

Denise in PA said...

Dunno - they are still in the box - LOLOL!

Katie B said...

I'm with you on the scrappy trip along! I love the progress I'm seeing, and it sounds really fun, but I can't decide if I really want to make the quilt or if I just want to join in! It would be a good scrap-buster...

Katy Cameron said...

Being a good girl I don't strip... ;o) Good luck with overcoming yours though!

Tennjenny said...

I vote for postage stamp. I'm not quite taken with the scrappy trip along. But I doubt anyone else will agree with me.

Lisa said...

Swap them in a flickr group! I keep some but swap others and get a good mix!

Sarah said...

Everyone's jumping on the scrappy trip along bandwagon aren't they? I'm resisting. I'm like that. I wouldn't read The Da Vinci Code, or Twilight or Hunger Games or 50 Shades series when everyone else was. I'd wait and make up my mind later if I was going to try. I think I'm going to make a strip quilt with my strips. They can all be different widths then!

Tricia said...

I'm jumping on the band wagon! I love the look of it and god knows I need to use up my scraps. The pics on Instagram are awesome. I can't resist!

Fabric Warrior (aka Amie) said...

I also got sucked into this scrappy trip. I'm loving it so far! : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...