Monday, February 10, 2014

Feeling and being disconnected...

I'm going to keep my whining to a minimum. We were without power for 3 days last week. Thankfully we had some wonderful family members who took us in so we could stay warm. We are still without cable/internet. That's 6 days.  So I've actually brought my laptop to work so I can get this post up during my lunch break and hopefully get a little more connected! :)

I'm participating in the Sew Kind of Wonderful Mod Olives QAL. I picked up this little ruler in Florida. I had been considering buying it for a while so when I actually saw it in person I figured it was time. Since this is the first time using the ruler, I decided to do all my color 'olives' at first. One because I'm impatient, but also because I didn't want whatever color I start with, say blue, to be the roughest for points matching and such.


What's funny is all the "solids" I'm using were also picked up randomly during the same trip! They had a bunch of Kaffe Shot Cottons and I just picked a few that appealed to me.  the "background" is I believe a Chambray? I forget what it was, but I just loved the look of it. It's hard to capture in photos, the bottom left olive is actually purple! All the prints were already in my stash.


So you can see my points aren't fantastic, but it does seem to get lost a bit in the busy-ness of the quilt.

And tell me I'm not the only one with multiple projects floating at the same time. Here's my economy blockalong.

And I've got a Chopsticks going too.

It's hard to decide what to work on first!!




7 comments:

Marci Girl said...

Well I certainly hope you are "connected" again soon! I know how frustrating that can be! Your points look fine, and no one will ever notice, I promise! Oh and yes, I always have like 3-4 projects going at one time!

Katy Cameron said...

It's funny how we feel so cut off without all our gizmos and gadgets these days, when just 15 years ago we're have totally brushed it off! Hope you get hooked up again soon :o)

Kacey said...

We were once without cable and internet for one weekend...it was terrible! I hope yours is back soon!

Tamie said...

Sorry for your loss of power. Glad you had somewhere to retreat to. How is your chopsticks going? I have the pattern but haven't decided on the right fabrics. Your choice looks lovely.

Liz said...

I'm glad you had a place to stay when you were out of power. We had the same problem here so I can totally empathize. It's crazy how terrible it feels not to be able to do "normal" things -- especially sewing! We should all prepare for power outages and get treadle machines, lol. I hope you're restored to normalcy soon!

Newbie Jen said...

Lovely projects. I would have a hard time deciding which to do too.

Denise in PA said...

I think your olives look good! And, that Chopsticks is looking great. Good luck tomorrow! o:(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...